Wasps are venomous creatures. They can pose a serious health hazard to anyone with allergies, causing symptoms such as swelling, hives, difficulty breathing, and in some cases, even death. Wasps can make nests in the ledges of your home, trees, in the ground, and even inside your home.
A single nest can host thousands of wasps. Though off-the-shelf products can kill some of these numbers, they are not powerful or widespread enough to take on the entire nest.
Short Term Solution
To slow the infestation:
- From a safe distance, locate the wasp nest. Spray the area with a killing product from the store. It will kill some of the wasps instantly.
- After spraying, wait a day to make sure you have killed the dwellers of the particular nest. It is important to remove the nest if possible.
- Make sure none of your window screens have holes.
- Keep all doors, windows and garage doors closed.
- Install insect screening over your attic vent and exhaust vents.
American Pest Long Lasting Solution
We can determine the size of infestation and pest control needs of your home with a free, no-cost, no obligation 20-minute pest audit.
Rest assured that we always look for permanent solutions to the problem at hand. Treatment could include wall void applications, attic treatments, trees and more.
Minor infestations can often be treated in a single day. We will help you make a plan that is right for you and your budget. Call us today!