Pest control through the use of chemicals is what many people think of when pest control comes to mind. There’s a new pest control process now that reduces the use of multiple pesticides and has long-lasting protection. American Pest Management is excited to offer these long-term options to our neighbors in the Kansas City Metro area. Thermal Acoustical Pest Control (TAP) insulation is an EPA-registered pesticide itself. By using only one form of pest control, your family (and pocketbook) can reap the benefits.
What is pest control treated insulation?
TAP insulation is a mixture of ground-up old newspapers that have been treated with borate. Borate is used by pest management companies in the treatment of cabinets, baseboards, and outside of homes to control pests. It is harmful to many household pests, such as ants, cockroaches, termites, and silverfish. To learn more about TAP insulation, please visit their product insight page. This product works by covering insects with borate when they crawl through the insulation. As the insect cleans itself later on, it will ingest the borate which kills them.
Properly installed insulation can help control many common pests. TAP insulation is typically used in attics, walls, and other areas where insulation is needed. It is blown into place with specialized equipment and can even be added to existing insulation. It can also be used as a standalone product. This insulation helps absorb the sound, reducing noise levels and creating a quieter living environment, as well as regulating the temperature in a building.
Treated Insulation Benefits
- Safe and Non-Toxic: Treated insulation is generally made from natural materials that are non-toxic, making it a safer option for homes with children, pets, or sensitive individuals.
- Long-Lasting Protection: Unlike chemical pesticides that need to be applied frequently, treated insulation can provide long-lasting pest control benefits. This type of insulation can remain effective for several years.
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Treated insulation also helps improve the energy efficiency of a building, reducing heating and cooling costs.
- Pest Prevention: Not only can treated insulation help with current pests, it can also prevent future pest infestations.
- Eco-Friendly: Treated insulation is environmentally friendly that does not contribute to the pollution of the air, water, or soil.
While insulation can be costly upfront, the long-term effects provided by using treated insulation are worth the price. If you want to learn more about TAP or any pest control services we offer, call the professionals at American Pest Management. Since 1979, our experts have provided the Kansas City Metro and surrounding areas with innovative pest control solutions. Contact us today to start living a pest-free life.